Volunteering opportunities at HorsePower
We depend on volunteers to carry out specific day-to-day tasks which are crucial to our operation.
Volunteers can choose to work in the following areas:
- Visitor care: Regular weekend and occasional weekday reception desk and shop duties.
- Research: Dealing with family and regimental history enquiries using material in the archives.
- Archives: Transcribing historic manuscripts such as letters and war diaries, cataloguing and scanning photographs.
- Collections: Documentation and cataloguing of historic artefacts.
- Marketing: Distribution of museum leaflets to Tourist Information Centres, local hotels and attractions.
- Special Projects: Helping with general museum housekeeping, school visits and guided tours.
You do not require military knowledge or experience to become one of our volunteers. All you need is enthusiasm, a sense of commitment and the ability to get on and interact with people.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01962 828541
Friends of HorsePower
You can support HorsePower by becoming a Friend of the museum.
What are the benefits of becoming a Friend of HorsePower?
- Free entry to the museum for yourself, and half the adult rate for anyone accompanying you
- 10% discount on purchases in the museum shop
- Regular newsletters to keep you to date on activities and developments
- Early booking for lectures and talks
- 20% discount on tickets for lectures and talks
- The opportunity to be more involved with the work of the museum
How much will it cost?
Annual subscriptions rates are:
- Adult: £15
- Couple £25
- Student £10
- Life Membership £125
How do I join?
- Pick up a leaflet in the museum
- Contact email@example.com
- Download the form Friendspdf