The museum is currently recruiting for new volunteers, no previous experience necessary.
Here at HorsePower, we depend on volunteers to carry out specific day-to-day tasks and special projects which are crucial to our operation.
Volunteers can choose to work in a variety of areas including:
- Visitor care: Regular weekend and occasional weekday reception desk and shop duties.
- Research: Dealing with family and regimental history enquiries using material in the archives.
- Archives: Transcribing historic manuscripts such as letters and war diaries, cataloguing and scanning photographs.
- Collections: Documentation and cataloguing of historic artefacts.
- Marketing: Distribution of museum leaflets to Tourist Information Centres, local hotels and attractions.
- Special Projects: Helping with general museum housekeeping, school visits and guided tours.
You do not require military knowledge or experience to become one of our volunteers. All you need is enthusiasm, a sense of commitment and the ability to get on and interact with people.
Our current role profiles can be found below.
For more information contact email@example.com or phone us on 01962 828541