In 1957, the 14th/20th Hussars were split between Hohne, Berlin, Detmold and Celle.
In July 1957, the 14th/20th Hussars were posted to Hohne, near the former concentration camp of Belsen. In October, B Squadron deployed to Berlin as the Berlin Armoured Squadron. Berlin was still under the Four-Power military occupation of the four major allies of the Second World War; USA, UK, France and Russia. A and C Squadrons reverted to the role of driving armoured personnel carriers for the infantry and were based far from Regimental Headquarters in Detmold and Celle respectively. In November 1960 the 14th/20th was reunited in Hohne, their personnel carriers replaced by tanks.