VOLUNTEERING AT HORSEPOWER MUSEUM
We welcome volunteers at HorsePower Museum, no previous experience is necessary. Like many other independent museums, we depend on volunteers to carry out many specific day-to-day tasks and special projects which are crucial to our operation.
Volunteers can choose to work in a variety of areas including:
- Visitor care: Regular weekend and occasional weekday reception desk and shop duties.
- Research: Dealing with family and regimental history enquiries using material in the archives.
- Archives: Transcribing historic manuscripts such as letters and war diaries, cataloguing and scanning photographs.
- Collections: Documentation and cataloguing of historic artefacts.
- Marketing: Distribution of museum leaflets to Tourist Information Centres, local hotels and attractions.
- Special Projects: Helping with general museum housekeeping, school visits and guided tours.
You do not require military knowledge or experience to become one of our volunteers. All you need is enthusiasm, a sense of commitment and the ability to get on and interact with people.
Our current role profiles can be found below.
For more information contact email@example.com or phone us on 01962 82854
Monthly Volunteers Day
Starting in June 2022 is our new Monthly Volunteer Day at HorsePower; an opportunity to help the Museum team for the day and gain an insight into volunteering at the Museum.
If you are interested in volunteering or working with the collection it’s a great opportunity to come and see behind the scenes at horsePower! There is no obligation to continue volunteering after the day and all are welcome.
Museum Volunteers Day will be on the first Tuesday of every month, between 10am and 3pm. Our first meeting is on 7 June 2022.
So that we know how many to expect and can arrange an effective work programme please complete the Contact Form below or contact the Assistant Curator on firstname.lastname@example.org