The 20th Inniskilling Light Dragoons were formed in 1759, during the Seven Years War. After 1746, regiments did not take their title from their Colonel and thus the 20th Light Dragoons had no patron. They cheerfully adopted the nickname ‘Nobody’s Own’ and kept it through several iterations until their amalgamation with the 14th Hussars in 1922. In 1763 the 20th Light Dragoons disbanded at the end of the war.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Receive our Quarterly newsletter and regular updates from the museum, including news, exhibitions, monthly features, events and a whole host more.